Bus RoutesAvailable for Grades TK-12
Pick-up Times & Locations
Santa Clarita Route (Blue)
White HCS Van
7:00 am – The Old Road/Starbucks
West Valley Route (Red)
Yellow HCS Bus
6:50 am – Winnetka & Ventura
7:05 am – Topanga & Bassett
7:30 am – Rinaldi/Facey Medical
Getting your child to school has never been easier.
For families with more than one student riding the bus, family rates are available. Transportation costs are as follows:
|Type of Service||One Student||Family|
|Monthly One Way Service||$95/month||$175/month|
Transportation billing will be processed through the participating family’s FACTS account for convenience and ease of handling payments.
Bus Stops & Routes
Use the interactive map above to see the two, morning bus routes and stops for each route. Bus routes may change depending on need. Contact our Transportation Coordinator, Dennis Wilson (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Driver Training and Bus Safety Information
All bus drivers employed by Heritage Christian School are tested by the California Highway Patrol and Certified by the State of California.
All Heritage Christian School buses are driver inspected at the beginning of each day and are maintained and regularly serviced in keeping with the standards required by the State of California. Our buses are also inspected and certified annually by the California Highway Patrol.
Please note the following:
- Buses are expected to depart each stop at the time listed on the route schedule.
- Please be at your bus stop five (5) minutes prior to departure time.
- Routes may be slightly delayed during the first few weeks of school to allow for drivers and families to adjust to the schedule.
If you have any additional questions regarding transportation, direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Bus Safety Guidelines
Rules for Bus School Safety
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes early.
- Wait for the bus in a safe place and stand back, away from the curb at the bus pick-up location.
- Take your seat as quickly as possible after boarding the bus.
- Remain properly seated with your feet in front of you and facing the front at all times.
- Keep hands, arms, and head inside the bus at all times.
- Enter and exit the bus carefully and use the handrail.
- Notify the driver if you need to cross the street and wait to cross until the driver has checked that it is safe to do so.
- Display respectful behavior and use appropriate language at all times.
- Request bus driver assistance to retrieve any items dropped under or near the bus.
- Never chase the bus for any reason.
- Keep all personal belongings inside your backpack.
- No food, drinks, or gum are allowed on the bus.
- Animals and insects should not be transported on the bus.
- Glass containers, projects, or large objects should not be transported on the bus.
- Use of cell phones, tablets, or other electronic devices is permitted as long as devices are on silent mode or only one
ear budis used to allow for any instructions from the bus driver to be heard by all passengers.
Walking to and From the Bus
- Leave your home early enough that you will arrive
your bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. to
- Look both ways before crossing any street.
- If you are across the street from the bus stop and the bus has arrived, wait for the bus driver to help you safely cross the street.
- Do not run across the street.
- Obey all traffic signals and use marked crosswalks.
- Wait in a safe area away from the bus and stand back, away from the curb at the bus pick-up location.
- Stay out of the danger zone which is 12 feet extending in every direction of the bus. (See diagram above.)
Walking to and From the Bus
State law requires that all students in 8th grade and below must be escorted across the roadway using the flashing red lights, however, many schools, including Heritage Christian Schools escort all students regardless of age or grade.
- When directed, students will follow the bus driver out of the bus and wait at the front corner of the bus on the curb.
- The driver will continue into the street with a handheld stop sign.
- When directed by the bus driver, students will walk straight across the street between the driver and the bus.
- Students should look both ways before passing the edge of the bus.
- Once students have crossed the roadway they may not return to the bus.
- Parents needing to cross should cross with their student. State law requires students to be escorted by the bus driver even if a parent is present.
- Parents driving to the bus stop should park their vehicle on the same side of the street at the bus stop.
- Students crossing at traffic lights will not be escorted.